Open Forum

Evidence for rationale

Picture of Lynne Downey
Evidence for rationale
by Lynne Downey - Monday, 15 May 2017, 7:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask what everyone is doing for evidence?  I have a list of documents to support the rationale but in the benchmark tool should I just list those documents?  Most are not publically available so can't link to them.

What are others doing?

Also, some of the rationale and evidence is combined rather than being specifically separated, does that matter?

Thanks

Lynne

Picture of Fiona Strawbridge
Re: Evidence for rationale
by Fiona Strawbridge - Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 1:48 AM

Very timely question Lynne - I was wondering the same thing.  I am also not sure whether to submit bullet points, paragraphs, a summary or a fuller narrative.  I wonder if there are any examples from others (say from some of the Australasian universities) that we might look at as a guide.

Fiona (UCL)

Prof Michael Sankey
by Michael Sankey - Wednesday, 24 May 2017, 9:03 AM

Hi Lynne and Fiona

If documents are not publicly accessible that is fine. In these cases, we typically see a copy and paste of the relevant sentence or two that may be found in that document that would support your claim, then the hyperlink. The link is for your reference not the general public, more so in case you might want to link to this document during your time of sharing with others. But for the rest of us, we trust that you are telling us the truth :-)

Cheers

Michael

Picture of Lynne Downey
by Lynne Downey - Friday, 26 May 2017, 8:34 PM

Thanks Michael,

That is really helpful.  I will list the documents and ensure I have them all with me when we are sharing.

Regards,

Lynne