This award celebrates innovative practice in the field of Technology Enhanced Learning across the Australasian (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands) Higher Education and Tertiary Sector.
We’re seeking to recognise higher education and tertiary educators, teams and staff members who have harnessed the power of technology to significantly enhance an organisation's Technology Enhanced Learning capabilities, and positively impact students' learning outcomes through innovative projects, practice and/or initiatives.
2020 Application Kit
What you'll find in this kit
This application kit has everything you need to complete your submission.
- Application process
- Selection criteria
- Selection process
- Award presentation
- Use of award funds
- Application form
- Applicant checklist
- Contact us
The 2020 ACODE Award for Innovation in TEL consists of
- a plaque and
- a grant for A$10,000 awarded to the winning team or individual’s nominated Institutional professional development fund. This may be split in the case of 'joint winners'
The winning nomination will be chosen by the ACODE Awards Panel, consisting of ACODE LTLI (Learning Technologies Learning Institute) Faculty, ACODE Executive, and well known Learning & Teaching Sector experts.
This award is open to individuals or teams from any Australasian higher education and tertiary education provider employed by an ACODE Member Institution in Australia, New Zealand and/or the Pacific Islands.
Applications are welcome from all levels of appointment.
Examples may include:
- Use of technology to enhance the way students learn
- Use of technology to support development of teachers and improve pedagogical processes
- Approaches to developing student/Staff digital literacies
- Tools or approaches to facilitate peer/collaborative learning
- Innovative use of technology in formative assessment and feedback
- Innovative use of technology in diverse teaching environments e.g. labs, studios etc
- Enterprise level implementation of innovative support for TEL
The award will be presented at an upcoming Higher Education Event (TBA) in November. The Award will be presented by an ACODE executive, who will briefly outline the purpose of the Award and the winner’s outstanding achievements in innovation in technology enhanced learning.
The winning application will also be disseminated across the ACODE website as part of the ACODE TEL Showcase.
Jan 2020 | Nominations Open
June 2020 | Nominations Close
Nov 2020 | Winners Announced & Presentation of Award - TBA
Use of Award funds
In line with the purpose of this Award, the prize money is provided to further develop the winner’s contribution to innovative technology enhanced learning. Some suggestions include:
- Funding the development of a teaching program or software
- Funding the development of innovative teaching pilots or trials
- Funding the development of a ‘new’ teaching projects
- Payment towards an overseas trip to present teaching/learning papers at a relevant technology enhanced learning conference.
Go to Terms and Conditions
Go to Selection Criteria
Go to Application form - Open Jan 2020
Checklist for applicants
Please ensure that you have complied with the entry requirements in relation to this award.
Ensure that attachments are correctly and sequentially collated, the video link is accessible and any further supporting evidence is clearly labelled.
You final application should include:
- Your completed Application Form
- Link to video
- Written statement against 4 x award criteria
- Your ‘biography’
- Any further supporting evidence
Further details on the application process for this Award can be obtained by contacting:Karen Halley
Phone:+61 2 6201 5176